Monday, September 16, 2013

Welcome Violet

Violet Ann was born September 3, 2013.  She weighed 7lbs 1oz and 19 1/2 inches long.  It was the Tuesday after Labor Day.  Greg was off to work and I was up with Aaliyah getting ready to go shopping with Sarah.  It was around 8:00 am when I started to feel cramps; felt similar to the way I felt with Aaliyah but still wasn't sure.  I think I waited til about 9:00 to call my doctor.  In the meantime I called Greg and told him what's going on.  Judy and Pete were on their way to our house.  The nurse called back and thought I was dehydrated and told me to drink water and call back in an hour.  Well, contractions got worse.  As soon as Judy and Pete came, we were off to the hospital.  Pete stayed home with Aaliyah.  We arrived at the hospital and I was dilated 8 cm.  They prepped the room, broke my water, and soon started to push.  Greg was not there yet; Judy was in the room with me.  Greg arrived just in time and before you know it, Violet entered the world at 10:41 that morning. We are very blessed to have another healthy beautiful girl.
2 days old. She wore the same outfit Aaliyah did when she went home....but a little more snug on Violet.  She was almost 2 lbs bigger!

First family of 4 picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment