Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Potty Training break

Well, it's been 5 months since I started potty training.  I can't believe it's been that long(I had to look at my post to see when I actually started).  Now, we are on a break.  I have come to the conclusion that I started too soon. She would have her good days and bad days, but the last couple weeks she would refuse to use the potty, scream and have a little tantrum.  So, I decided that's it.  I'm putting way too much stress on myself, as of last week, she's in pull-ups.  She doesn't even mind being wet in pull-ups which makes me nervous like she's never gonna get it. 
I really thought she was ready.  I guess I'll just look at the positives, she only had 2 accidents at night this whole time and in public she does great, always wants to go use the potty.  But I will never forget her first (and last) at TJs Closet!  Hopefully we'll have a more relaxed summer and not stress about it and by time September comes around, she'll be ready.  I was also probably pushing her too much because she has to be potty trained for school starting September.

No comments:

Post a Comment